Tool and Die Maker
Position Title: Tool and Die Maker
Position Summary: Reporting to Die Maintenance Supervisor. Responsible for the repair, maintenance and improvement to all tooling dies, jigs, fixtures, CNC equipment in line with production and customer requirements to support business objectives.
Pay Structure: $25.50– $32.85 per hour + shift premiums
Hours of Work: 3 Positions Available
Rotating Shift: 2 – Bi-weekly Rotating Shift – Days (7:00AM – 3:00PM) and Afternoons (3:00PM – 11:00PM)
Straight Midnights: 1 (11:00PM – 7:00AM)
- Use of various equipment/tools to create and repair tooling, including, but not limited to, grinders, welding equipment, machining equipment, overhead cranes, etc..
- Support stamping operations and troubleshoot production problems.
- Assist New Model Group with program launches and die trials.
- Other duties as required.
- Licensed Tool & Die Maker or in the process of getting License
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a high volume, automated stamping environment.
- Hands-on experience with various stamping operations, (e.g. transfer, progressive, blanking).
- Proficient reading blueprints and sketches.
- EDM & CNC operating machine knowledge would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Japanese tooling would be an asset.
- Plant Environment
- May be exposed to dust, odours, noise, smoke, etc.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Additional benefits include an incentive bonus worth 7.5% base salary, immediate coverage of our full time associate benefit plan, a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base salary. Shift premiums, Afternoons $0.60/hour, and Midnights $0.80/hour. All tools and uniforms supplied. If interested, send your resume along with other related credentials at email@example.com
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.