ISD Programmer Analyst
Position Title: ISD Programming Analyst
Pay Grade: Labour Grade 6
Position Summary: This position is responsible for collaborating with key business contacts and performing analysis, preparation, time estimates, and impact on current systems. The incumbent will consult with user or technical lead to identify current procedures and clarify programming objectives. Translate functional and technical specifications into programming code.
- Analyze processes and designs/develop application software solutions to streamline business operations.
- Coordinate all aspects of implementation from functional specification, end-user training to support newly deployed applications
- Evaluate and develop systems and procedures that are reliable, cost-effective and meet user requirements.
- Analyze program performance and results and revise logic and/or procedures as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary Education in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 1-2 years experience in application development.
- Excellent knowledge of Java platform: Servlets, multi-threading, JDBC etc.
- Proficient PL/SQL skills: good understanding of Oracle is an asset
- Strong Programmer, primary language Java but must be able to learn other languages quickly
- Excellent MS Access skills and other visual programming languages
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Shutdown days
Benefit package includes an incentive bonus program worth 8% of base pay, paid overtime, complete medical, dental, vision care, prescription drug programs, and a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base pay. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume and diploma/official transcript at [email protected]
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.