Paint (Chemical) Technician
Position Title: Paint ( Chemical) Technician
Pay Grade: Technician 1 or 2 ( $ 22.40 – $ 28.65)
Position Summary: Perform duties required in order to maintain the paint department equipment.
- Perform highly diversified duties to repair and maintain paint system equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective parts, test and make adjustments to automated production equipment.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on e-coat, waste water and paint equipment.
- Perform titration testing and other procedures using centrifugal, diaphragm and chemical metering pumps.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Perform general clean-up, organization of work area and embrace 5S activities.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure efficient operation of the paint department.
- Associate diploma in Science/Chemistry or equivalent experience, or meet requirements of the in-house Technician testing program.
- Follows all safety requirements of the company – (including PPE -hat, glasses, steel-toed boots, uniform, hearing protection, gloves, etc.) safe job behaviors, etc.
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Regularly required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to safely and efficiently operate a forklift by passing forklift training class and obtaining license.
- Able to read and understand Operation Standards, blue prints, maintenance and equipment manuals, etc.
- Plant environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Regularly exposed to dust, grease/oil, odors, noise, smoke, etc.
- Regularly required to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Drug Coverage
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Benefit package includes an incentive bonus program worth 7.5% of base pay, paid overtime, complete medical, dental, vision care, prescription drug programs, and a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base pay. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume and diploma/official transcript at email@example.com.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.