Paint Process Technical Support Position
Position Summary: Support monitoring of paint system process and wastewater treatment plant control & operation. Work with a group of experienced technicians, production supervisors and Quality staff in the three-shift operation of an Electrodeposition paint system and wastewater treatment plant.
- Utilize internal and external laboratory testing to confirm process control checks meet set standards
- Work with technicians to apply suitable measures to maintain process parameters within set limits
- Develop, update and maintain process control documents
- Lead Root Cause and Countermeasure Investigations for paint defects
- Lead Paint System and Wastewater Treatment process improvement projects
- Work with QA to create yearly part testing schedule
- Coordinate internal & external lab paint testing for New Model and Mass Production parts
- Confirm part testing set-up to meet customer requirement
- Review part testing report accuracy
- Confirm wastewater treatment plant controls and operation meet set standard
- Support design of part hanging orientation for new parts
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Post-secondary education in engineering/technical field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in automotive paint manufacturing
- Experience in operation of Electrodeposition paint system (Pretreatment, E-coat and oven)
- Experience in operation of wastewater treatment facility
- Experience in Paint systems, control plan systems, including FMEAs
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting paint line defects
- Experience IATF 16949 requirements
- Thoroughly versed in use of array of measuring & testing equipment
- Computer knowledge and experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- 7:30a.m. to 4p.m.
- Office and plant environment.
- May be exposed to dust, odors, noise, smoke, etc.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including medical, dental, prescription and drug programs, and a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base salary. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume and diploma or official transcript via email to email@example.com.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities. Contact will be made with those moving to the interview stage.