Welding Machine Operator
Welding Machine Operator
(NOC 7237 – Eligible for PR application) Level B Job
This is a Full-Time permanent position with no contract period! The Production Associate is responsible for manufacturing various automotive parts, which will require working in a team setting with a number of different machines and tools in order to meet production requirements.
As a key member in our Production Team, you will be responsible for:
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW), resistance spot welding (RSW) and resistance projection welding (RPW) to manufacture component and sub component parts
- Perform equipment start-up checks and record documentation prior to operating machines.
- Complete process checks including restocking, tip exchange as well as other “off-line” rework as necessary
- Frequently load, unload, lift/move, pull/push, and/or position products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more. (Assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Weld operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting
- Ensure the quality of incoming and outgoing parts
- Complete cell report including wellness, build #, defect information for each period and summarize shift at end of shift
- Perform quality inspections and tests as part of the GMAW manufacturing process to include break off test
- Use hand tools, such as hammers, chisels, wrenches, and wire cutters
- Isolate suspect or nonconforming product.
- Assist with sorting/identifying/repairing non-conforming product, investigating and repairing root cause of non-conforming product
- Report runtime and equipment and non-productive downtime as it occurs
- Learn to troubleshoot equipment issues, navigate HMI panels
- Meet daily production requirements
- Understand required work instructions; be familiar with F&P Mfg. policies/procedures
- Working in a safe manner while informing Lead or Coordinator of safety hazards
- Wear all provided PPE (hearing protection, safety glasses, bump cap, gloves, etc.)
- Understanding and follow ISO14001 and IATF16949 procedures
- Participate in daily 5S program in maintaining cells and stations
- Maintaining a professional and respectful manner while dealing with other team members, customers and visitors
- Any other duties as assigned
To be considered for the job, you should have the following credentials:
- Safety first attitude
- Previous manufacturing experience in an Automotive setting preferred, but not required
- Mechanical aptitude, physical dexterity, and knowledge of welding are recommended
- Experience in GMAW (MIG Welding) an asset, not required
- Ability to MIG weld by hand an asset, must be willing to learn
- Ability to work shifts – 8-hour shifts rotating (days/afternoons) or straight midnights
- Ability to work overtime on weekends with short notice
- Initiative, good attendance record and dependable
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Flexibility to work various cells/stations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work with little supervision
- Follow on-the-job training
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal communication
To be considered for the job, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Experience as a machine operator may be required.
- Experience with robotics may be required.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- Competitive hourly wage ranging starting at $16.85 per hour; with wage progression
- Hourly shift premiums
- Uniforms provided free of charge, including a free laundry service
- Bi-annual goal based incentive bonuses
- Full-service, subsidized cafeteria (currently closed due to Covid-19)
- Great opportunity for overtime
- Career development
- Team atmosphere
- Engaged coaches and mentors
To apply please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Please inform us if you require accommodation in the hiring process.