F & P Mfg., Inc., offers an exciting and rewarding career opportunity in a fast paced, highly automated, state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturing facility located in Tottenham, located 40 minutes north of the Toronto airport.
F & P Mfg., Inc., is a tier one automotive parts supplier producing suspension components and pedal assemblies for several automotive makers, in both Canada and in the U.S. We are a complete manufacturing facility and have been stamping, welding, painting and assembling parts for 30 years. We have 900 associates working at our 2 on site manufacturing plants.
F&P’s welding department consists of a number of automated production lines that uses mainly GMAW robotic processes as well as some Resistance welding technology. This equipment includes a wide variety of Robots such as, Panasonic Tawers, Fanuc material handlers, OTC welding systems as well as Yaskawa Motoman. All equipment is PLC controlled using either Omron or Allen Bradley PLC’s. Welding also includes a variety of highly automated equipment such as vision systems and the use of laser technology, 350 welding robotic systems and over 400 total robots. Together these areas offer maintenance staff the opportunity to work on a wide range of highly automated equipment in a continuous improvement work environment.
Hours of work: One position – Midnights (11p.m. to 7a.m.)
Second position – 2 week rotation day/afternoons (7a.m. to 3p.m. and 3p.m. to 11p.m.)
- Perform highly diversified duties to repair and maintain automated production equipment
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective parts, test and make adjustments to automated production equipment
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Use of programmable logic control systems (PLC’s) to program and troubleshoot automated equipment
- Use of robotic systems to program and troubleshoot
- Other duties as assigned to ensure up-time of automated production equipment, etc
- Post-secondary education in Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics or related field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in trouble shooting and equipment maintenance of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and robotics problems on automated equipment
- Ability to read and understand Operations Standards, blue prints, maintenance and equipment manuals, etc.
- PLC programming experience
Benefit package includes an incentive bonus program worth 7.5% of base pay, paid overtime, complete medical, dental, vision care, prescription drug programs, and a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base pay. For more information about F&P, please go to www.fandpmfg.com. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume and diploma/official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities. *Please note contact will be made to those selected for an interview.