Technician – Metalforming
Position Title: Metalforming Technician
Pay Structure: $26.15 – $29.30 per hour + shift premiums
Hours of Work:
Rotating Shift: Bi-weekly Rotating Shift – Days (7:00AM – 3:00PM) and Afternoon (3:00PM – 11:00PM)
Straight Midnights Shift: 11:00PM – 7:00AM
- Perform highly diversified duties to repair and maintain automated production equipment
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective parts, test and make adjustments to automated production equipment
- Use of programmable logic control systems (PLC’s) to program and troubleshoot automated equipment
- Use of robotic systems to program and troubleshoot
- Other duties as assigned to ensure up-time of automated production equipment, etc.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Post-secondary education in Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and equipment maintenance of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and robotics problems on automated equipment
- Experience with hydroforming press operations
- Experience with mechanical and servo stamping press operations
- Experience with automated CNC bending and milling machine operations
- PLC programming experience highly desirable
- Plant Environment
- May be exposed to dust, odours, noise, smoke, etc.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Additional benefits include an incentive bonus worth 7.5% base salary, immediate coverage of our full time associate benefit plan, a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base salary. Shift premiums, Afternoons $0.60/hour, and Midnights $0.80/hour. All tools and uniforms supplied. If interested, send your resume along with other related credentials at [email protected]
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.