New Model Equipment Technical Support
Position Title: New Model Equipment Technical Support
Pay Grade: Labour Grade 5/6
Position Summary: Reporting to the New Model Equipment Engineering Manager. Working with other New Model members to develop and review process plans and equipment installation for new model launches.
- Develop process plans for welding and assembly processes for New Model launches.
- Coordinate and schedule procurement of equipment.
- Control project investment.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and customers.
- Prepare documents and present to upper management.
- Communicate with all internal departments and outside vendors.
- Install equipment, review and apply best manufacturing processes.
- Hands on startup development and analysis of new equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related field or
- Technologist Diploma with 1 year experience in manufacturing processes or
- Technician Diploma with 3 years experience in manufacturing processes.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive related an asset.
- Excellent organizational, communication and coordination skills.
- Strong team ethic.
- Time management skills to meet or exceed targets for launch activities and coordinate management of multiple projects.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Able to travel including both domestically and internationally
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as necessary.
- Office and plant environment
- Regularly expose to dust, grease/oil, odors, noise, smoke and etc.
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Shutdown Days
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including incentive bonus, paid overtime, complete medical, dental, prescription drug programs, and a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base salary. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume and diploma/transcript to [email protected].
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.